Monday, March 12, 2018

Experiment 3: Flood

Question: What happens when the force of water increases





Hypothesis: I think that the process will be faster because the sand is already wet so the water will travel faster. I think that more sand will get carried because there is more pressure in the water.


Materials: 4 cups of water, Bucket with big hole, Ruler, sand, hard sand, clay, Bucket with 3 pipes and small hole at end, wooden wedge.






Procedure: Put sand and hard sand and clay in the bucket with pipes. Mix the sand and clay.
make sand 20 cm in the length is the side without the hole. Take the wooden wedge and put it under the sand side. Put the ruler under the bucket in the sand side. Pour water




Observation: The water reached the end of the stream table very quickly and that was definitly becasue the force of the water had increased because the hole was bigger. But another varible was that the water would then run out more quickly so I wonder if that would affect the out come. The sand was already wet so that might have made it easier for the water for it to travel faster. I think if my group could have redoed this experiment with normal sand that there might have been a diffferent outcome.




Conclusion: I think the reason the water went out fast was because the sand was already wet. It was very suprising to me because the water went different then both of the other experiments. I think that was because there was a big hole in the bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment